For the latest Covid-19 advice, please visit www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus If you think you may have Covid-19 - please do not come to our GP surgery. Please phone NHS 111 as they are now triaging patients for Coronavirus appointments.
SICK NOTES FOR YOUR EMPLOYER
Please also direct your employer to the above link for details or go to NHS Inform. There is a questionnaire for you to complete and you are then able to print a note for your employer.
COVID VACCINATION PASSPORT
- Please do not contact your GP practice to ask for a Covid vaccination passport or status certificate - they will not be able to provide any standard document. International certification standards have not yet been agreed.
- The Scottish Government is working to support the re-opening of international travel once it is safe to do so. We are working with the other UK Nations and with the World Health Organisation to agree on potential future COVID certification requirements for international travel.
- As part of this, we are developing a technical solution that could allow people to access their Covid vaccination status directly.
Regular testing for people with no COVID-19 symptoms is one of the ways we can all help keep people safe and stop the spread new variants in Edinburgh. Infection rates are high across Edinburgh, so we’re urging people to keep testing, even if they’ve been vaccinated.
People with no COVID-19 symptoms can come along for a test at:
- Assembly Rooms until Saturday 24 July (closed Sunday 18 July)
- Blackhall Library, 56 Hillhouse Road from Monday 19 July to Saturday 24 July
- Queensferry Primary School, Burgess Road, South Queensferry from Monday 19 July to Saturday 24 July
- Mobile testing unit at South East Locality office, Captain’s Road car park until Sunday 25 July
- Mobile testing unit at Craigroyston High School, Pennywell Road until Sunday 25 July
- Mobile testing unit at Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre, Harvesters Way until Sunday 25 July (9am to 5pm)
- Mobile testing unit at Craigmillar Medical Group, 106 Niddrie Mains Road From Monday 19 July until Saturday 24 July (9.30am to 5.30pm)
- Mobile testing unit James Pringle Shopping Village, 70-74 Bangor Road Friday 16 July to Sunday 25 July. Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm.
We’re open from 9am to 6pm unless stated above and there’s no need to book. You can also pick up home testing kits from our centres at libraries. Testing is free, fast and safe. It will only take around 15 minutes to take the test and 45 minutes for people to be sent their results.
If you can’t get to the library, you can order free rapid lateral flow test kits online or by phoning the National Testing Centre on 119.
Almost 1 in 3 people infected with Covid-19 don’t have any of the usual symptoms but are potentially passing on the virus unknowingly to family, friends and others in the community. By getting tested people can find out if they are positive and self-isolate at home to stop spreading the virus to others. People who have been vaccinated are also encouraged to take a test as they may still carry the virus.
You can find out more about community testing on our web pages at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/communitytesting
Please can you share this with your contacts in the community and encourage people to come along for testing.
Thank you for your help.